- Kirn Pitamber
Easy Toffee Cracker Cookies!
I recently came across this yummy treat that’s all over Pinterest! It’s such an easy treat that‘s so versatile! Add whatever toppings you like to customize it to your taste!
It’s layers of salty & sweet and perfect for gift giving! I gave this treat inside these adorable paper boxes that look like houses. After the treat is eaten up, the box can be used as decoration, storage or regifted.
Here‘s what I used
-1 box of graham crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeve)
-1 cup butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 bag of candy melts or 1 box of chocolate bark chopped up (any color works but light colors make the drizzle stand out)
-milk chocolate for drizzling (I used 4 squares of chocolate bark) or you could use 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
-candy sprinkles & colored sugar of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper or use a silicone pad. Place graham crackers on pan forming a sheet.
2. Melt the butter & sugar in a sauce pan. Once it starts to boil, lower heat to medium/low & cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Pour mixture over crackers & spread evenly. Bake for 5 minutes.
4. Once removed from the oven, immediately place candy melts (or whatever main chocolate you’re using) on top. Place back in the warm oven (oven doesn’t need to be on, just warm still) to melt for about 5 minutes, until it’s shiny.
5. While cracker/cookies) are in the oven, melt the milk chocolate for drizzling In the microwave. I usually melt chocolate in 20 second intervals & stir each time. Read your chocolate melting instructions as this can vary.
Alternatively you could also use chocolate chips and spread them evenly, as shown below. (Use what you have!)
If you use chocolate chips instead, let the chips sit on top for a couple of minutes till melted. Then use a butter knife a swirl back & forth.
6. (Back to melted chocolate method) Remove crackers from the oven. Spread
the melted chocolate evenly over the crackers. I use an off set spatula for this. Then immediately drizzle the milk chocolate. Add sprinkles while all the chocolate is melted.
7. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour To harden up. Remove & start breaking the cracker/cookie apart into pieces.
And you’re all done ready to pack for gifts or enjoy yourself! My kids and I loved making this treat. This is a simple recipe you can make as a Christmas activity with your kids! We hope you enjoy making it & eating it as much as we do!