Vegan Baked Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
Updated: Feb 5, 2021
Lately I've been ordering cauliflower buffalo bites a little too much. It's a crunchy, savory vegetable that could be an appetizer, main dish and even a filler for wraps, sandwiches etc... So of course I tried to do the copycat version at home. With a couple of trial & errors and tweaking these turned out even better than the restaurant version! And the best part is you know exactly what you're eating & they're baked, not fried!
1 small head of cauliflower washed/dried cut up to about I inch
1 cup plant based milk
1 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
1/2 cup avocado oil
dash of garlic powder
1/4 cup green onion and/or chopped celery for topping
9. ranch dressing of your choice (optional)
preheat oven at 425 degrees
create an assembly station by placing milk, panko & flour in separate bowls
3. dip cauliflower in milk, then into flour
4. then re-dip into milk & then into panko
5. place on a lined & greased cookie sheet
6. bake for 20 minutes
7. turnover & bake for another 10-15 minutes till tender inside & brown
8. in a large bowl, mix oil & hot sauce & garlic powder well till emulsified
9. toss the baked cauliflower in sauce till well coated
10. top with onions and/celery & vegan ranch dressing
These can be baked ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a couple of days. You just reheat in the oven and toss with the sauce before eating. I do this meal prep at the beginning of the week to cut down on time.
Like this recipe??? Try my recipe for Zucchini Buffalo Bites Baked & Vegan.