Zucchini Buffalo Bites Vegan & Baked
By now we've all tried cauliflower buffalo bites at restaurants. Those spicy bite sized nibbles are hard to resist. As much as I've ordered these bites, I knew I had to create a healthier version I could make at home. If you haven't tried these yet, here's my recipe for vegan baked cauliflower buffalo bites . You will never look at cauliflower the same. And you won't miss the fried restaurant stuff. You're welcome.
Fast forward to a couple of days ago. My family asked for those yummy cauliflower bites. While I was gathering the ingredients I noticed we had zucchini. It got me thinking....zucchini + spicy + crunchy could equal heaven??? So I started experimenting in the kitchen. My experimentation was a success! These zucchini bites are so juicy on the inside & crispy on the outside! Sorry cauliflower, you've been dethroned.
To make these bites, I used the same method as I make my cauliflower bites. The shape is just different. I cut up the zucchini into 4 long strips. Then I cut the zucchini about 2 inches long. Then I followed my cauliflower recipe.
2 zucchini cut in 2 inch bite size pieces
1 cup plant based milk
1 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
1/2 cup avocado oil (or your choice of oil)
dash of garlic powder
1/4 cup green onion and/or chopped celery for topping
9. vegan ranch dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet.
2. Create an assembly station by placing milk, flour & panko each in separate bowls.
3. Coat zucchini in milk.
4. Then coat zucchini in flour.
5. Re-coat zucchini in milk.
6. Lastly coat zucchini in panko & place on lined or greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes till lightly brown. For an even, crispy crust, turn once while baking & bake for another 10 minutes.
8. In a large bowl, mix oil, hot sauce,& garlic powder till emulsified.
9. Add baked zucchini to sauce. Toss zucchini till well coated.
Top with chopped green onion, ranch dressing & add some celery to your plate. And you're all done! Enjoy!
Make sure to check out my other recipes for more tasty ideas!