Easy Pumpkin French Toast
We're in the heart of Fall! The weather is cooler and the leaves are turning. Celebrate Fall by making this pumpkin French toast for breakfast! Just add a couple of ingredients and turn your everyday French toast into this blissful Autumn morning treat!
- 1 loaf of bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (or heavy cream for extra decadence)
- 3/4 pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 1/2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
powdered sugar and maple syrup for topping
1. In large bowl lightly beat eggs. Add milk/cream, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & pumpkin puree to bowl and mix well.
2. Add 1 TBSP butter in a large sauce pan on medium/high heat. Dip a slice of bread into the mixture and flip to coat both sides. Add as many pieces of bread that fit into your pan.
3. Cook till golden brown and flip bread and cook the other side. Remove from pan.
4. Add more butter to the pan and repeat the process till all mixture is used.
5. Top with maple syrup & sprinkle powdered sugar
And that's it! This makes a perfect amount for my family of 5. I go a bit heavy on the pumpkin pie spice because I love the taste and smell. Your house will smell like pumpkin pie! Cooking the bread in butter just adds to the rich flavor. Use these ingredients and make it perfect for your taste buds. I even used gluten free bread and it cooked beautifully.
Cooking with pumpkin just screams Fall to me. There is something magical about the smell and the rich orange hue. Pumpkin isn't just for sweets and desserts though. I have a savory pumpkin recipe that I'm working on so stay tuned!